Sunday, April 6, 2008

What stops us ?

What stops us? part two of being in Minstry..
So what is it that stops us from fullfilling the command to be in minstry? This So goes back to being a good christian and being a Great one... Anyone can be a Christian. In Mark 16:16 it says all you have to do is believe and be baptized and you will be saved. But what does it take in fact to be a great christian? That word great keeps sticking in my mind. Great! I do want to be great! Most Christians are good, so if i am just a good christian does that make me middle of the road? Like everyone else? The best of the worst? Cream of the Crap as my Dad would say!
Makes me think about the GREAT Commission
The Great commission is the last recorded personal instruction given by Jesus to His disciples. It's a calling from Jesus to all Christian to take action while on this earth. In case you were wondering the great commission can be found in the book of Matthew 28:18-20
And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, "All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age." Amen.
When i think of this story i always try and put myself in Jesus frame of mind. He was about to leave his friends for a long time. I always think of times in my life when i knew i was going to leave them and not see them for a long time. I always tell them i love them and that i will miss them, but more then that i tell them the most importian things to rememeber. Take Wayne when he leaves for a trip.. I always remember him to watch what he eats( for those of my readers that don't knwo he has type 2 he has to watchs his blood sugar) to make sure he rememeber to take his meds and on time.. Don';t forget to call the kdis befoer bedtime. Call you mother when you get there.
What am i telling him? I am telling him the most importian things he needs to do to be healthly. I think that was Jesus goal when he gave the great commission.
Most people believe that Jesus gave the great commission to bring the gospel to the whole earth. But God does not need us to fullfill his mission on the earth. He has invited us to join in the fun! Because he knows something we don't.
Most of the time we think of doing minstry , spreading the good news, witnessing, sharing Jesus, meeting the needs of others what ever you call it , as work, wasted time, to hard. It takes away from real life!
I hate to bust your bubble but a good friend of mine put it this way. Minstry for a Christian is not something we do in our live it should be our life.
The Great Commission, Jesus calls every Christian to step out in faith and spread the Good News. This is faith in action! People who obey this command change their spiritual lives forever!

No comments: