Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Carried to the table

I was listening to a group called LeeLand. I saw them preform a few months ago in Mass. They were great not at all my style but I really enjoyed the message they gave in song.
One song that stuck out to me is called Carried to the table it is the story of David and Mephibosheth you can read the story in the book of 2 Samuel chapter 9.
Mephibosheth was the son of Jonathan, he was crippled in both feet but yet David allowed him to sit and eat at the Kings table.

The words to Leelands song go like this.

I was carried to the table, Seated where I don’t belong, Carried to the table, Swept away by His love And I don’t see my brokenness anymore When I’m seated at the table of the Lord I’m carried to the table The table of the Lord

What a picture of what the Lord does for each one of us. In our broken sinful state he carrys us to his table. In his eyes we can no longer see our brokeness, our pain we are made whole at the table of the Lord. Each one of us comes to the Lords table in a diffrent state of being. Some broken by our own sin others yet by others sins. but yet each one of us takes the cup of wine to remember our Savoirs blood that reminds us that it is by his strips we are made whole. We take the bread to remember that it is only because his bones were broken that ours were restored.
If your broken today come sit at the table of the Lord and remember that it is because of his brokeness that we can be made whole. Thank you Lord for your table......

No comments: