Sunday, April 6, 2008

No one wants to be seen nude

Beans view for the day
As I sit here on this cold cold morning it was -4 when Wayne left for work at 5am but it is up to a whole 10 now woo hoo.. I am drinking my cup of hot tea as i do every morning. I just read the paper and was sadden by one of the Obits i read.
Most of you know that Wayne is a dispatcher for bratt PD. He took a call for a 3 year old this week who got killed thur a very tracigic way at his home. It was no ones fault just one of those things. Kids play and sometimes they get hurt and sometimes they die. Now i am not in anyway down playing the saddess of this boys death. My heart breaks for his Mommy and Daddy. Parents should never have to lay to rest a child. I held my kids close to my heart after hearing this. You see i too understand how fast life can change and you can be facing death. When we were in a crash a few summers ago, I saw how fast life can slip out of your hands and there is nothing you can do to stop it. I am sure that the mother of this young boy did not wake up thinking she would lose her sweet boy. She was I guess like most moms , thinking about getting the wash done, Cleaning out the bathroom trash. What to make for dinner. She was thinking about life not death. I don't like to talk about death or even think about it. My grandmother is facing the end of her life. I can see it but i don't want to look at it. Death is not something anyone likes to look at. I have caused some of you readers of my blog to be upset or sadden by my lastest blogs. For that i wish i could tell you i am sorry but in truth i am not. I love all my friends more then i think you could know. I am not a warm and fussy person, never have been. I work on it i try and hug. ( I hate hugs from most people i am not a touchy feely kind of gal) I want my friends to look at the death in their life. Just as I don't like to look at my own sin, i understand why no one else does. But for me because i know what freedom there is in looking at death head on. I was talking last night with a friend about this, i put it like this. Its like driving by a bad car crash, you don't want to look but you have to. It hurts breaks your heart but somehow looking at death head on brings relief to your heart. When we face our sin like that, look at it head on, call it what it is, don;t blame anyone but ourself. There is freedom from the death that sin brings when we stop hiding. I think of Adam and Eve in the garden hiding from God. What freedom they had when they stood in fornt of God and confess their sin. We so many times run and hide, try to cover our sin with fig leafs. We are afraid to stand bare in fornt of God and let him or anyone else see our faults.
As much as it hurts the only way to get over death in our life is to face it. Grief sorrow, tears, let it out, talk about it. But on the other side of the coin, We the mournings have to be that mournings not be afaird to stand beside the one facing death and hold them just as God does with us. He did not run when we were in sin, He did not walk away from us when he lelf his side. He had true unconditional love for us. So many times we think calling sin sin, is a sin ( sorry that had to be said) Because in a way it pulls the fig leafs off us. No one wants to be seen nude...

No comments: