Monday, October 26, 2009

Seasons

Yesterday was the first day of fall..
Maybe you missed it but right before your eyes a season changed.. As I laided in bed last night trying to stop my mind so i could get a few winks before Riley was looking for milk from me once again, The thought came to me that it was the first day of fall. A season change.
I love fall, Lived in Vermont most of my life. Where to me there is no better place to be during Fall then the green mountions that turn a wonderful rainbow of reds and yellow with a hint of golden browns as sunshine hits the leafs. One of my favotie pass times is to sit outside in the fall with a hot cup of tea and just smell the air. Crips and clear, with Apples and Pumkins armoas all around. Hay rides under a harvest moon wraped in blankets next to your love and bomfires to warm you with Hot Cider in hand. I love fall.. but it like all season change. I remember a chat i had with Mikki Earle this summer at camp. She said Robyn God has a Well under you. I can hear it when you talk about your teaching the kids here she said. I smiled it was just what i needed to hear.I shared with her about how i felt pretty dry the last year. Overwalmed with a pregancy that was not easy and two other kids to homeschool and childcare to run and a house and husband to take care of. She reasured me that it was just a season and that I had a whole life ahead of me. That she had been where i was at and it would change just like season do. That God was not done with me yet. My heart was so glad to hear those words. I was taken back to that bench in my bed last night. It was if God was saying Robyn this is just a season and it will change. So i started to think about why we have Fall? Everything turns brown and dies. Go to sleep for winter months. But after Fall has turned into winter the ice and snow will melt and spring comes.. New life.... What we miss is that during the fall and winter months new life is laying benether the earth waiting to spring forth! Without Fall and Winter the new life of spring would never come. We would never even know there was a spring! In the fall we harvest the Gardens cut back the vines and trees.. To perpare for Spring and all the new life it brings.. John 15 says 1 "I am the true vine; my Father is the gardener. 2 He cuts off every branch of mine that does not produce fruit. And he trims and cleans every branch that produces fruit so that it will produce even more fruit.3 You are already clean because of the words I have spoken to you. 4 Remain in me, and I will remain in you. A branch cannot produce fruit alone but must remain in the vine. In the same way, you cannot produce fruit alone but must remain in me. 5 "I am the vine, and you are the branches. If any remain in me and I remain in them, they produce much fruit. But without me they can do nothing. 6 If any do not remain in me, they are like a branch that is thrown away and then dies. People pick up dead branches, throw them into the fire, and burn them.7 If you remain in me and follow my teachings, you can ask anything you want, and it will be given to you.8 You should produce much fruit and show that you are my followers, which brings glory to my Father.9 I loved you as the Father loved me. Now remain in my love.10 I have obeyed my Father's commands, and I remain in his love. In the same way, if you obey my commands, you will remain in my love. 11 I have told you these things so that you can have the same joy I have and so that your joy will be the fullest possible joy. My joy is going to remain full because i know that even thou this season I am in is dark and full of cold days. I have a hope of Spring in my life. I sat on the bed this moring with my daughter who is full of fear for her Mommy. I said Honey God knows what he is doing and he loves me more then you do. He loves you and Noah and Riley and Daddy more then I do. He is taking care of us. He knows what he is doing. We will just have to trust him during this season. Soon we will look back and see what God was doing in this. Trust me when i say right now this is in my heart and mind but i know over the next few weeks I may need to go back and read this again to remind myself that this too shell pass. Its just a season and God has more for me to do. A well is not dug to dry up but rather to supply water during spring to fed rthe seeds that are planted to bring new life. I believe that after all is said in done I will see new life from this. God knows what he is doing and that is where my hope lays. I hope as you go into this fall season you will remember these words... It may be fall and winter may be coming but Spring is just around the corner Peace and Love BEAN......

No comments: