Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Splinters


I have been thinking about splinters a lot today.. Seems like every kid I have in care today has gotten one. Big ones, little ones, deep ones, one that are have in have out of the skin.
Funny thing hit me as my son Noah said this to me" Mom just leave it in it does not hurt that bad". Why do you want to leave it in there I asked? Because mom it will hurt more to take it out then to just leave it there forever he replied..
My brain went flashed to the Word ,
Luke 6:42 (Amplified Bible)
42 How can you say to your brother, Brother, allow me to take out the speck that is in your eye, when you yourself do not see the beam that is in your own eye? You actor (pretender, hypocrite)! First take the beam out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take out the speck that is in your brother's eye.

We read here how our sin is like splinters of wood or logs in some cases.

Is it not true that we know in our mind that having Sin or a splinter in our body hurts us and can even lead to infections that will ruin our whole body. That is why we are so quick to tell others about the deadly sin they have in their bodies. Or why I tell Noah that we have to get the splinter out even if it hurts for a little while. But yet we would rater live with the pain of the splinter then deal with the pain of removing it?

Being that I have expriced a splinter and yes and even a little sin in my own life from time to time. I know that it is true that after a while it won't hurt any more. Your torn skin will grow over the wood and in a since the splinter will become a part of you. Much like our sin, we know it is wrong even hurtful but the longer we keep it around the less painful it because or so it would seem. We dred the removal prosses, the picking at the skin until the splinter is free. I think of sin as a splinter of the heart. Our hearts get hardern by sin and to remove it we have to pull back the hard skin to get at the sin. One thing a splinter will do it not removed is go deeper into the heart.... Much like sin, when we remove sin earily it does not hurt as much as sin that has buried it self deep in our hearts...
So grab the tweesers of Gods Word and pluck out the splinters of sin before they grow to deep in your heart. Just Beans View on Splinters....

No comments: