Monday, May 5, 2008

The journey from your mind to your hands

Slow Fade by Casting Crowns

"It's a slow fade when you give yourself away. It's a slow fade when black and white are turned to gray.Thoughts invade, choices are made. A price will be paid when you give yourself away.People never crumble in a day.It's a slow fade."

The journey from your mind to your hands, Is shorter than you're thinking.



Such true words that the journey from a thought becoming a action is a short trip.

I was thinking about a friend of mine today who took that short trip a few months ago and has been out of fellowship for sometime now. . Yesterday I recived a phone call that brings joy to Christians when a Brother Sister has been out of fellowship.

He came to church and he was broken.

What joy filled my heart! As Christians we ask, pray, seek that our falling Brothers and Sisters will come to the end of themselves. That they will long to be broken before the Lord.

A alter moment between God and his child is one of the most beautiful things we can see. A Heart that has seen its self for what it is, Hard, alone, lost, afraid, needful, dark.

It like one of the quotes i posted a few days ago the heart has forgotten in the dark what it heard in the light. For a moment it almost hears a whisper of our Savoir saying I know where you have been and I still love you. I still long to hold you in my arms again. To mend the self inflected worns you have suffered. Welcome home child, welcome home.

I am glad my friend is back on the journey back home. It helps me remember why I need to write Gods word in my heart.

When talking about this brother who was broken, a friend said" it is hard for me to imagine people like him finding themselves in that situation",

But really anyone of us is just a small step away from being lost. As my friend put it "what seemed like a small step ends up being a bigger one".

2 Corinthians 10 :4- 5(New Century Version)

4 We fight with weapons that are different from those the world uses. Our weapons have power from God that can destroy the enemy's strong places.
We destroy people's arguments
5 and every proud thing that raises itself against the knowledge of God. We capture every thought and make it give up and obey Christ.


I pray that you will be able to capture every thought before it makes the journey from your mind to your hands.

No comments: